"Mentor" Joe P. leaving

Joe and his family are getting ready to go back to the States, which is fantastic as he gets ready to start clinicals, but is a bit of a bummer for me. He was a great help in steering me in the right direction regarding classes, not to mention the fact that his wife, Debbie has driven my daughter to school each day since we got here, etc. Hanna, especially, really liked having somewhere to go to be around kids from the States, and I know she will miss that, esp since she seems to have a bit of a twinkle in her eye for Andy (Joe’s son and her classmate) Oh well, life goes on, but I have really appreciated their help and guidance, not only in matters of medical school. Fortunately (for Adam at least) he’ll still have Bill’s son to hang out with!
Kathy

Yea we will miss Joe over here. He has made a big impact on our school. He had helped many and was someone to look up too.
Good Luck Joe!

Since he has been so shy around here…where is he headed in the States? Do tell…

For now he is in Florida getting ready for Step 1 next month, and then its on to Chicago for clinicals.

Do you know where is FL he is?

Um, boy I don’t know where to start. I am flattered really. I guess you don’t realize the impact you have on someone’s life just being kind and trying to do the right thing.
I am in Fla, around Orlando. However, I leave for Chicago on Thursday, sans family.
I am going there for 6 weeks to start FP rotation and then retrieve the little rascals and wife to move into our new home south of Chitown in a small town called Monee. http://www.villageofmonee.org/
It allows us to live outside Chicago and not get the cost of Chicago with it. I will look to get a residency there as well. THere are plenty.
I have been scarce due to family, school, family, school, family, school, horse, school, soccer games, school, well, you get the picture. I doesn’t mean that I don’t lurk in once in awhile. Like now.
Miss you guys.

Quote:

Um, boy I don’t know where to start. I am flattered really. I guess you don’t realize the impact you have on someone’s life just being kind and trying to do the right thing.
I am in Fla, around Orlando. However, I leave for Chicago on Thursday, sans family.
I am going there for 6 weeks to start FP rotation and then retrieve the little rascals and wife to move into our new home south of Chitown in a small town called Monee. http://www.villageofmonee.org/
It allows us to live outside Chicago and not get the cost of Chicago with it. I will look to get a residency there as well. THere are plenty.
I have been scarce due to family, school, family, school, family, school, horse, school, soccer games, school, well, you get the picture. I doesn’t mean that I don’t lurk in once in awhile. Like now.
Miss you guys.

Heck JP, you’ll actually be close enough to meet up sometime! I’m only about 5-6 hours away.

Geoff, don’t start picking out curtains or anything.

I live about 1 hour NW of Monee. It’s a small town, but nice enough, and close enough to visit Chicago but still have peace of mind!

yeah, I really liked it there. Actually, my wife liked it there. Since we have been married almost 14 yrs I just generally substitute her feelings for my own so that things stay sympatico. Makes life easier.