MMED 2013

…and I’m back swinging!

I got this invitation from my pre-med advisor. Whoever is interested, do not hesitate to participate.

As a side note, I can’t see any non-traditional panel. It must be a slight omission from their part

"MMED 2013: Invitation

Pre-med Students:

I strongly advise all pre-med students at WSU to consider attending this year’s Michigan Medical Education Day (MMED)!

This one-day event brings together undergraduate pre-health advisors and medical school representatives from all over the state of Michigan to stage a series of presentations about preparing for medical school, with a particular focus on Michigan’s schools. This year, MMED 2013 will be held in Kalamazoo at WMU’s Fetzer Center and is open to any pre-med students who do not have an active AMCAS or AACOMAS 2014 application.

Here are the particulars:

• What?

The third Annual Michigan Medical Education Day, with presentations by a team of pre-health advisors from all over Michigan and by representatives from:

Central Michigan University College of Medicine

Michigan State University College of Human Medicine

Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine

Oakland University-William Beaumont School of Medicine

University of Michigan Medical School

Wayne State University School of Medicine

Western Michigan University School of Medicine

• When?

Saturday, October 26, 2013 from 9 AM until 4:00 PM

• Where?

The Fetzer Center, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo MI

• Who?

Pre-medical students from Michigan and beyond are welcome who do not have active applications.

• How?

There is a $25 non-refundable registration fee (fee waivers available for Michigan residents with financial need). Students can register via this

• site: www.greatlakesmedicine.org

Other Details:

A box lunch is included in the registration fee.

Parking next to the Fetzer center is complimentary

When students register they will receive a detailed agenda

We have made the programs sufficiently different this year so that students who attended last year might do so again this year and learn something new

A panel of students from Michigan medical schools

The MCAT: how can you prepare for it, and what do the pending changes mean for you?

Activities and experiences: how do you represent these to medical schools?

Structured “seminars” with advisors and Michigan medical school representatives addressing: interviews, acquiring healthcare experience and what do do with a gap year.

Young Docs Panel"