MY Grandfather

Allow me to introduce you to my grandfather. His name is Moises and he is wonderful. He lived a rich life. He was one of the oldest of 9 siblings. Some died in early childhood, some were killed in Nazi death camps in Poland. He practically raised his siblings when his mother died at a young age.
He fought against the Germans as a Polish Soldier, until his capture and was sent to Siberia for 4 years of hard labor. When he and three other prisoners escaped, they found their way back to Poland where they were fighting with the Jewish Resistance against the Nazis.
After the war, he met my grandmother and moved to Uruguay. Where he made a life for himself. He had two daughters. His eldest begat him his first Grandson, Me.
I was the joy in his life. When we moved to the United States two years later, he said his heart was ripped out. But when my grandparents came to visit, I was the happiest person in the world.
Time took its toll on his body. His eyesight grew worse, and his asthma became COPD. A few years ago, it was decided that my grandparents can no longer live on their own. I was sent to bring them the United States. I gave them two great granddaughters.
All their grandchildren made him proud.
Tonight, his body was no longer able to sustain itself. Too much asthma, too much arrhythmia. Too much was done to it.
Time to rest.
MY grandfather died tonight. He was too tired to fight again.
He fought the good fight. A warrior to the end.
I love you grandfather.
I already miss you grandfather
You will always be with me grandfather.
Take a deep breath grandfather, no more medicine is needed.
Your lungs are healthy again
They do not fight to breath anymore
You can see again.
Your eyes don’t fail anymore.
Just watch us from above
We know you will be there.
bye grandfather
I will miss you
See you when I get there.

What a lovely tribute. My heart goes out to your family.

The honor you show your grandfather is such a blessing, a true showing of how you were raised

Thank you for sharing your grandfather with us. It was an honor.
Ann

An extraordinary tribute to a fine gentleman. My eyes are misty just reading it. Makes me think of my own grandfather, whom I still miss even though he’s been gone 34 years. You & your family were truly blessed to have known him. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you.

The kind words you have all given to my family and I are true gifts. Thank you.
May god bless you and keep you.

You are truly blessed to have him as a part of you.
Very sorry for your loss.
Michelle

I too grow teary reading of the deep love you felt for each other. You were a blessing to him in life and now in his passing. Thank you for sharing yourself and him with us.
Kate

This is a beautiful tribute to your grandfather. The love between you is very evident. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Kathy

Thank you all for your kind words. Giving the eulogy yesterday was difficult. It was not long but from the heart which was the most important.
My 3 year old asked what was going on, why I was not going to work and I kind of explained to her that great grandpa was going away to feel better because he was very sick and had a lot of booboos. SHe accepted it.
The hard part will be when family functions start again and he is not around. But he will be there in spirit I know.
Thank you all for your kind words they truly do, mean a lot to me and my family.
Gabriel

A truly beautiful tribute to a man you clearly love very much. Thank you for sharing it with us.
My best to you and your family,
Stephanie

Gabe,
Bless your dear heart. It is obvious that some of your grandfather rubbed off on you.
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Andrea