NAAHP guide book

Does anyone know where can get a copy of their PARM book? Perhaps an online “e-reader” will suffice. I just need to look up some schools and my community college does not have a health professions advisor. So I’m kind of stuck…

Note: I am not looking for a free copy but am willing to pay for one.

here’s the link:

http://naahp.org/Default.aspx?tabid=3112

Gracias!

Do you mean the PARM or the MSAR? The PARM is only available to advisors and is not accessible to the public. The MSAR (Medical School Admission Requirements) is the official book and online tool produced by the Association of American Medical Colleges. I believe that’s what you’re looking for? Bear in mind that this book changes each spring and it’s essential that med school applicants have the latest information, especially since some course requirements are changing. Buying a used book won’t do you much good, unfortunately.

I hope this helps clarify!

Cheers,

Liza

The PARM (Premedical Advisors Reference Manaul) is published by the NAAHP (National Association of Advisors of Health Professions) and is limited to premedical advisors or admissions by declaration on the form.

However, the AAMC (American Association of Medical Colleges) does have all their advisor specific info open to the public and would be a useful secondary tool to read)

https://www.aamc.org/students/advisors/

However, the MSAR should be considered the required text for all medical school applicants

• gonnif Said:
However, the MSAR should be considered the required text for all medical school applicants

I completely agree with Gonnif and Liza. I use the online version (not sure if they even sell a hard book anymore). I really like it, because you can save schools as "favorites," links to schools are active, etc. Liza is right that an old edition is not a good idea, because much of the information changes from year to year. Totally worth the money.

Sweet! Thanks for the tips, ya’ll!

I already have a few schools that I’ll be saving to my “favorites” list.