name my avatar

I am sooo excited that this time, when I tried to load my avatar, it actually worked - in previous attempts, it has been rejected and I've never figured out why. This time I didn't have to tweak it or anything. So you see what a pathetic life I have, that this is enough to make my day.
So do y'all recognize her? I will tell a short OPM story that involves her eventually.

Isn’t that the Oracle baking chocolate chip cookies in "The Matrix?"
My vote is we call your avatar “Mom.” biggrin.gif
Ian

Yah, Ian, that’s her! I LOVED that character. I was sad to read that the actress (whose name escapes me at the moment) has since died of complications from diabetes. sad.gif
My story: the night before I took the MCAT, I went to see “Matrix” with my husband, figuring it was good escapist fare that would help turn off my brain so I could sleep. It was all that, but it was also dang complicated and I had a brief moment of panic: if I can’t understand the plot of a Keanu Reeves movie, how the hell am I going to do on the MCAT??? But I took one visual image away from the movie that I decided I would use if I started getting worried during the exam: the scene near the end when KR holds out his hand and stops bullets in mid-air. I told my husband, “That is how I will deal with this exam!” It was a strong image to carry with me - I didn’t actually end up needing to summon it during the MCAT but I liked having it tucked away in the back of my mind just in case.
Anyway, I felt soooo left out not having an avatar, and went searching for something appropriate… the Oracle being an old wise-ass seemed a good choice. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mary Renard @ Dec 11 2002, 08:26 AM)
I had a brief moment of panic: if I can't understand the plot of a Keanu Reeves movie, how the hell am I going to do on the MCAT???

ROFLMAOPIMP laugh.gif laugh.gif
QUOTE (LisaS @ Dec 11 2002, 04:39 PM)
QUOTE (Mary Renard @ Dec 11 2002, 08:26 AM)
I had a brief moment of panic: if I can't understand the plot of a Keanu Reeves movie, how the hell am I going to do on the MCAT???

ROFLMAOPIMP laugh.gif laugh.gif

You mean there ARE plots to Keanu Reeves' movies? All this time I thought I was just supposed to enjoy the "eye candy". ROFLMAOPIMP tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
Natalie

You mean that's not a picture of you?! I was going to say you look like a doctor!!!