Need some HELP, please

If you are getting C’s in general chemistry you may have a hard time with organic chemistry. I am talking from similiar experience. I had to retake all my chem & o-chem 10 years later based on my 1st time around (C’s). I would make sure you take full advantage of tutors, study groups,…

Next question, why are you volunteering with 2 groups…maybe cut that down to 1, so you can focus more on school and your family.

Just my $.02,

Rachel, DO

Emergency Medicine

yeah, I would definitely make sure you have a good foundation with general chem before you get into organic chem. I actually did well in my general chem classes, but it has been a few years since I’ve taken them and I’m using this summer before I start organic chemistry to re-enforce those chemistry forces.

While it is good to have ECs, you want to make sure that you have the numbers to get you the interviews and consideration.

If I took Orgo my senior year what are my options after graduation? When would I take the MCAT and apply to medical school at that point? Would it look bad if I was off for a whole year and just volunteered?