New Guy Here

I saw this forum was for introductions among other things. I’m a frequent flyer on the Student Doctor Network. I like the site, but I hope people here are a lot more reasonable.

I’m back to school full-time this summer to finish my chemistries and physics. I’ve got all the bio down pat (used to teach it). I’m quitting my law enforcement job, but oh well. Greener pastures as they say.

People here are much more friendly and encouraging than on SDN. Lots of good info here, too.

welcome, ArkansasRanger - this is a good place for support and information -

welcome. SDN does have much to offer but occasionally the younger students do get carried away. That is in part how OPM was founded by a few older students getting harassed in the forums of an online test prep company in the late 1990’s. Hopefully the viewpoints here are presented with the older, non-traditional student, in mind. We certainly do not know everything nor have a single strategy that will work to get medical school. Most importantly, we don’t yell and scream too much nor go off on absolutes.

BTW, many early founders of OPM were also early members of SDN. Also one of the founders of OPM is an Arkansas boy, OldManDave.

Whooooooo PiiiGGG Soooiiieeeee!

GO RAZORBACKS!

• OldManDave Said:

GO RAZORBACKS!

well you can take the boy out of Arkansas,

but you can't take Arkansas out of the boy!

• gonnif Said:
  • OldManDave Said:

GO RAZORBACKS!

well you can take the boy out of Arkansas,

but you can't take Arkansas out of the boy!

that's pretty much right. no matter how much we lose hog fans stay loyal, lol.