New Member Post...

Hi everybody…

I said I was going to be an MD from the time I took Life Science in elementary school… I kept my dream alive up until I made it to college… I managed to graduate with a BS in Biomedical Science but unfortunately my GPA was not good enough for Med School App… So I chickened out and dropped out of the MCAT prep course I paid for and well was encouraged to look into one of the 3 therapies, OT, PT, and SLP… So I did and I became a Bilingual SLP…

I can honestly say I am grateful for my experiences in grad school and the success I have achieved until now… I am bored with my job and have been on a search for a career change…

I keep coming back to a career in Medicine… I am scared to start over… financially and family wise… I have a preschooler… My husband travels for work and well… It just seems like a long shot… I am 30 years old…

I guess I am looking for some motivation and encouragement and well ideas about scholarships and grants for minorities and Spanish speaking medical students…

Thanks…

I have enjoyed reading your forums…

Marcia

Welcome, Marcia. It sounds like you have a very interesting background - one that many admissions committees would likely want to hear more about. If you decide to return to school and become a physician, keep in mind that the courage it takes to make the commitment is the same courage that will see you through.