Hi,
I’m new to this site and I just wanted to introduce myself. I’m a 31 year old undergrad at UC Davis who has come to this site seeking advice and support in this process from the people who know it best…those of you who are in it. Like some of you here, I have had a somewhat bumpy college experience up to this point…oh, who am I kidding, it has been downright turbulent! So, I’m here to bare witness to those of you who have pulled through rocky pasts and reached your goals, hopefully I will be able to join those sucessful ranks soon. I tell those who express doubt that I’m not going to not do it simply because it is hard. And I’m certainly not going to give up having not tried with all I’ve got. Any advice or comment is definately welcome. I look forward to chatting with all of you.
Stephanie

Anytime you want to go to an A’s game, you let me know. We can swap war stories. Oh by the way, how goes the cow tipping up there in Davis?

Hi StephanieC! Welcome to OPM! It’s definitely a great place - just the right amount of reality and optimism, in my opinion, anyway. We all have a lot in common (taking the non-traditional route to a medical career) but in seems that no two stories are alike, yet you can find inspiration and nuggets of wisdom in each. I look forward to hearing more about you and reading your posts on the site.
Take care.

Hello, and welcome. I agree, it’s great to have fellow travelers!

Hi Stephanie, Welcome to OPM
You will definitetly find what you are looking for here. It is a great place to kick back and spend some time with a great bunch of people. We look forward to your involvement. Feel free to jump in posts already here or start your own for things you want to know or say.
Again, Welcome.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I really think that there will be a lot to gain from this great resource. Hopefully, I will have something to contribute as well.
Meredith, I definately don’t get to as many A’s games since I went back to scool (I used to be a season ticket holder) but getting together for a game souds great!
Stephanie

Welcome! I like to think of it as a rollercoster! I’m in the middle of selling my house and moving to England to attend a 6yr Med program. We all take different paths to get there.
If it’s what you want you will find your path. Ask, post, search, ask agian. We’ll be here. Good Luck!

Welcome Stephanie,
I am not going to lie to you , it WILL be very difficult. But perseverence and determination will get you there. Any advice, do not hesitate. Venting is alright we all need it sometime.

Welcome to OPM Steph!

Welcome!!! I am just finishing prereqs so if you have any questions, I’m here! Good Luck!