Hello everyone, hope all is well!
Wondering if guidance and wisdom can be imparted on this journey, for an aspiring physician-scientist (MD-PhD):
- 30 years old, prerequisites are more than 8 years old, currently in the 4th gap year post-graduation
- 3.30 cGPA, 3.20 sGPA (UC and DIY post-bacc 28 credits of community college courses combined) – with upward trend
- 1,500 hours of clinical experience
- 3,000 hours of academic research, with one co-authored paper in high impact journal
- 1,000 hours of clinical volunteer
- 200 hours of non-clinical volunteer
- no MCAT yet
- massive undergrad debt (over 160K)
Would it be a good idea to take more post-bacc courses at a 4-year institution prior to applying? Or try to focus on the MCAT and try to apply next cycle?
Thank you so much for your guidance!