nontrad just now starting undergraduate

Quote:

What I have discovered is everytime you are on the brink of greatness, and go against the grain or do something that others wish they had the courage to do…they think you’re nuts!

Well said, gsansing. Those who are trying to accomplish something great must not only overcome their own doubts and fears but be strong against those who would knock you down. My family and (most) friends initially thought I was crazy and told me so, but having watched me implement my plan in a rather steadfast manner, have been won over that at least I am serious about it, despite a few stumbles along the way. Good luck!

Heres a favorite quote from TS Elliot,
Only those who risk going to far can possibly know how far they can go.

I like that. I also know that when I was younger I had know idea of what I was capable of. Eleven years ago I would have called myself nuts for starting this journey. I feel that my experience has taught me how to grind things out even when they don’t go like planned. Makes me wonder, how many young Dr’s. do we not have because they quit? Also makes me think that when I see a younger person wanting to give up that I should make an extra effort to lock arms with them and carry them through their battlegrounds.

wow we have some really encouraging people on this forum. On such long journey, one can expect things to get a little rough at times. I hope I can keep a positive attitude as it seems some of the others here have been able to do. I’m just starting undergrad and already ran into a few minor bumps.
mtn top med