Not a good day....

My entire Calculus class got yelled at for lack of focus and not being prepared and accused of not doing our homework. It was hard to sit through as I had spent 3 hours TRYING to do my homework on Sunday and had just been STUCK and could not get a hold of my tutor. The professor is brilliant and LOVES derivatives, but that doesn’t mean we all do!!It is not coming easy like Limits did. Final is next Thursday. Back to thinking I might only get a C in here…

Go away FUD! Vicki you have been learning so much in calculus this semester. And you will do great! The professor yelled at the WHOLE class, so it wasn’t something you specifically did or didn’t do. I’m sure there are some students who aren’t putting in any effort all semester and now are trying to figure out how they will pass. Your job is to do your best. And if your best is a B then that’s what you focus on.

While it stinks to be yelled at, do take comfort in the fact that it was an en masse yelling. My boyfriend is a math prof and he says he hates yelling at his classes because the ones who work hard usually take it to heart and the ones who deserve to be yelled at usually ignore him. Sounds to me like you fall in the former category, V.

Next time “amen!” the professor. I did in micro and she told me to shut up because she wasn’t talking to me “but the other knuckleheads in the class.”