Offering professional services through private OPM mail

I’m a fairly longtime site member who recently decided that med school probably wasn’t in my future. But like an addictive habit, this site is hard to get away from.

I am a freelance technical writer and long-time physics and mathematics tutor. I saw a recent post from someone who is having trouble in physics. I thought I might email *her to offer an hour or two of help gratis, with the idea that if *she found my tutoring useful, we might move to a paid relationship. But this set off alarms in my skull (need to get that looked at by a doctor). I don’t want to abuse this site by making it a solicitation board.

*Or “him/he”; I once had a male roommate named Shannon.

So is it appropriate for me to offer to help someone in a potential tutor/pupil relationship? I have no clue if Shannon would have any interest, but I don’t want even to make the offer if it’s a site abuse.

I’d check with gonnif about this.

The family seated in a restaurant had finished their dinner when Father Called over the waiter.

“My son has left quite a lot of meat on his plate,” explained Father, “Could you give me a bag so that I can take it home for the dog?”

"Gosh, Dad!" exclaimed the excited boy. “Have we got a dog then?”

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/kid-bra nd-…