ok, come on in and laugh at my moment of stupidity

i had a doctor’s appointment last night for some pelvic pain. anyway. the doc asks me which side the pain is on. i tell her my right side. we start talking about it, and in the middle of the conversation i announce, “no, its my LEFT side. yeah, my left side”. ok, so she changes it to left side. then, during the exam, she presses on my left side and asks if this is where the pain is. i say no, the other side.
OMG. for a second, i COMPLETELY forgot which is left and right! she just laughed, but i felt like such a fool! especially after talking to her earlier about pursuing my pre reqs for med school.
YEAH,i look like a good candidate for med school now! i don’t even know my left from my right anymore!!!
i’ve never done this before, i feel like such an idiot! i mean, come on! left from right??? <>

That’s so funny! Just wait 'til you get to med school and have to learn to read CTs and MRIs! Took me a while to get the hang of R being on the L and vice versa.
Jane

LOL! oh boy. if i can’t figure out where right and left is normally… i may be in big trouble.
although, perhaps this means i’ll read CTs and MRIs with no trouble then, since i seem to function as a mirror image! LOL!
DOH!

Quote:

…although, perhaps this means i’ll read CTs and MRIs with no trouble then, since i seem to function as a mirror image! LOL!
DOH!

I think you’re right on track here, Susanna. Obviously you’re just ahead of the game!! Congrats!
Larry