Old letters of recommendation?

I have what may be a really, really dumb question. I was preparing my application this year for the 2010 matriculation, getting my letters of recommendation, took the MCAT, etc.

When I took my MCAT, I had issues with my registration and the testing center was set to not let me in at all, but after a lot of phone calls, they let me in just before it was too late to begin. You can imagine my stress level by then. I knew I was going to bomb the physical sciences portion. Nothing I read made any sense at all, and I kept thinking about my MCAT being voided because of the registration issue.

I was right about PS. Although I expected to get higher scores in VR and biological sciences, I would have been okay with what I got for those, but my physical sciences portion murdered my score.

I definitely need to retake MCAT, unfortunately, that sets me back one app cycle. I was wondering if I fail to submit my AMCAS application this year, what happens to all my material (i.e. transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.) Do I need to submit new everything for the 2011 cycle? I was wondering if I could reuse all the letters I received for this cycle or if that is just not done. I don’t know how I feel about telling my letter writers that I’ll hold off this year and will need them to write letters again next year.

you can re-use letters of recommendation because they were never sent. However, when re-applying it depends if the AAMCAS and AACOMAS changed their software so that you do not have to re-enter information.

But you still have to have all of the transcripts mailed into them during the next application cycle.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I don’t mind having to resubmit the transcripts, but it is good to know about the letters.

Now, I don’t suppose you have any tips on how to deal with the bummer factor?

have your pity party for a set period of time. When time is up, the party is over and move on. Focus on the exam coming up, not the one you took, there is nothing you can do about it.