OMD Wendy--Congrats!!

:)
Many congratulations on your new bambino-to-be -- that is so exciting!
Christina & Kevin

Thanks ya’ bery much!
Honestly, we’re still at that stage where in the same breath it is: “WooooooHoooo, we’re gonna be parents!!!” & “OH SHIT! I’m gonna a parent!!” I recently had the revelation that inside of 10 months, I will be both a physician and a father and I am uncertain of which prospect I should be more afraid!
I have never feared or been intimidated by much of anything, so this mild feeling of intimidation is a novel thing that I must get used too, I guess??

Quote (OldManDave @ July 18 2002 9:42 pm)
Thanks ya' bery much!
Honestly, we're still at that stage where in the same breath it is: "WooooooHoooo, we're gonna be parents!!!" & "OH SHIT! I'm gonna a parent!!" I recently had the revelation that inside of 10 months, I will be both a physician and a father and I am uncertain of which prospect I should be more afraid!
I have never feared or been intimidated by much of anything, so this mild feeling of intimidation is a novel thing that I must get used too, I guess??

Hey Dave,
Definitely fear fatherhood because you are going to make an excellent physician. :D You can call JP for an emergency consult on those nights when you are post call and attempt to put an nappie on the munchkin's head. :D
Nat

I know I’m intimidated as hell by both, yet looking forward to each so much that it’s almost painful to ponder. (does that make sense?)
That’s two HUGE changes coming up for ya. I think you’ll make a great doc and a great dad. Just don’t start remembering your escapades as a teenager - I worry about my kids already and I don’t even have any!! ???
Chris

Dave, I know I'm behind on this (been crazy busy lately), but CONGRATS!!! You will be an awesome dad - I'm only been one for a little over 3 months, but it is the coolest thing I've ever done. You'll love it! Sleep while you can! (and you thought residency was going to be sleep depriving!)

I’ve been out of the loop for a while now–my own kids were here for vacation. Congrats to Wendy and Dave.
Get used to the idea of being totally clueless. The first time the baby cries, you’ll go, “Uh, the baby is crying. Somebody do something.” And you’ll realize that it’s you who has to do something.
You’ll get used to it. I still freak out every time one of my kids coughs.
Congrats again! I love babies.