Online Premed courses

I’m in my 40’s and just decided to pursue a medical education. I’m still working on my undergraduate degree. Are there any online premed courses available?

are you finishing your undergrad courses online?
i’m new to this thing too… i keep hearing that it’s not a good idea to take courses online, except possibly math, because of the labs. are you unable to take them in person?

hey there
Actually yes. Colorado Community College Online does all of these
Chem I & II with home lab kit
Physics I & II with home lab kit
Bio I & II with home lab kit.
They are all accredited through Colorado community colleges and show on your transcript as a CC class not Online. They are busy. The tests are open book and harder than a regular class. In my case, it was the only way i could do it but its working for me. You have to be very self motivated to do well in these classes.
Look up CCConline.com the info is there.

Quote:

hey there
Actually yes. Colorado Community College Online does all of these
Chem I & II with home lab kit
Physics I & II with home lab kit
Bio I & II with home lab kit.
They are all accredited through Colorado community colleges and show on your transcript as a CC class not Online. They are busy. The tests are open book and harder than a regular class. In my case, it was the only way i could do it but its working for me. You have to be very self motivated to do well in these classes.
Look up CCConline.com the info is there.

I encourage anyone considering taking courses at a Community College to search the forums for discussion of this topic area, and to also contact the medical schools in which you are interested to get their take on coursework from Community Colleges.
I don’t say this to “knock” anyone’s choices, but rather to offer guidance to those who are still deciding. Obviously, for some this may be the only plausible way for getting prereqs done. Be sure to contact your preferred med schools to see how this impacts your potential for acceptance.
Larry
P.S. Something to think about–Although “online” may not appear on the transcript, med schools could very well be aware of the fact that a particular school offers courses online. I’m not sure how closely they pay attention to those kinds of things. However, if a school has a policy not to accept online courses, then you, as the applicant, will have an ethical obligation to disclose that a particular course(s) was(were) taken online.

Aloha
I have talked with numerous schools and they had no objection. As long as it came through a CC and you did well on the MCAT they could care less. You should check with the schools you plan to attend. In my case, it was online or nothing. There was no way i could stop work due to finiancial obligations and all the classes locally were between 5-7 PM M,W,F with labs on T or TH. As an RN this is impossible for my schedule.
In anycase, with the exception of the more eliteist (sp?) schools i think online classes are becomming very accepted. You can even take online O chem I and Biochem I from the DO school in maine itself (the class is made specifically for pre med).
Have a good one!