Orgo 2 and Biochem

Anyone ever tried taking Orgo 2 and Biochem 1 at the same time?

I keep seeing that Biochem is helpful when preparing for MCAT. And also, I keep hearing that Biochem is another tough course.

I’m taking Orgo 1, Physics 2 and Cell Bio right now. It’s pretty demanding but not too bad. I wouldn’t mind an easier/lighter semester though.

If it really helps with the MCAT, I’m planning to take Orgo 2, Biochem 1 and Microbio. If not, I’ll probably take an easier bio course instead of Biochem 1.

I’m planning to take the MCAT August of next yr.

Not sure what type of educational setting you’re at, but I think trying to master o-chem 2 and biochem would be more than a sane person would want to do to oneself. I don’t believe taking biochem is going to significantly change (if change at all) your MCAT performance. Any biochem on the exam will be covered in MCAT review books. Biochem is really beyond the scope of the MCAT (assuming that your organic chemistry courses have been strong).

• MD2B2010 Said:
Not sure what type of educational setting you're at, but I think trying to master o-chem 2 and biochem would be more than a sane person would want to do to oneself. I don't believe taking biochem is going to significantly change (if change at all) your MCAT performance. Any biochem on the exam will be covered in MCAT review books. Biochem is really beyond the scope of the MCAT (assuming that your organic chemistry courses have been strong).

+1