Phi Theta Kappa

Hello all

So I have received this invitation to become a member of PTK , which is the community college equivalent of the Phi Beta Kappa for 4 years universities. You simply have to maintain a GPA above a certain threshold.

I am wondering if it does any difference on an application to Med School? I mean since it depends on your GPA, and as long as one has a good GPA, why bother?

Any thought would be appreciated.

• redo-it-all Said:
Hello all

So I have received this invitation to become a member of PTK , which is the community college equivalent of the Phi Beta Kappa for 4 years universities. You simply have to maintain a GPA above a certain threshold.

I am wondering if it does any difference on an application to Med School? I mean since it depends on your GPA, and as long as one has a good GPA, why bother?

Any thought would be appreciated.

Having been invited to Phi Beta Kappa is certainly a positive, even if it is solely GPA based. You can use it to make more, for example if you get actively involved, get a leadership role, participate in functions/activities. Showing commitment, motivation and leadership always looks good on a med school application and doing so in an academic society is definitely a great EC

Thanks gonnif for your continued help.