Post bacc at CC last day drop a possibility B in Microbiology need advice

BA is not in science or got any science classes other than math. That GPA sucks, maybe 2.25. So waited several years and started at CC due to budget issues. Now 4.0 and in honors. Thinking about taking MCAT and apply next year. This microbiology class just freaks me out since the exams are way harder than the materials in class. Most classmates are struggling and the prof. even sent us email to remind us the drop deadline. I am daydreaming about matriculate 2022. And won’t completed all prerequisites right before M1, so the med school won’t see my complete refreshed transcript. Therefore I am so confused about if I should withdraw this class today since I suffered a lot and don’t want to get another W either. I’ve already got a lot Ws due to life events.

Sounds like a frustrating class/instructor! Have you (and/or classmates) communicated with this instructor that you’re struggling? If so, has the instructor given any suggestions of how to prepare for exams? As both an undergrad student at a small liberal arts university and now a post-bacc at a UC-affiliated extension campus, I’ve always made an effort to communicate with my instructors so they could/can see me as a student who cares about their success. For classes where I struggled, usually the instructor would round up my grade because they knew how hard I was working.

Work hard and get a B or better. I don’t think a W is good at this point in your journey but things happen. You always need to offset a poor performance with an above average one. If it’s easier to get a B on this than to take more classes for A’s … I would do that.

Also, stop day dreaming. Focus on the task at hand. Finally best of luck on this shared journey - it is brutal.