pre health admissions committee

Just found out that this body exists at the university I am taking my courses at. What are the pros and cons of making use of a committee like this? The rebel in me wants to step out on my own merits without some committee “endorsement”. However, if it is a useful and helpful tool for gaining admission, I’m certainly willing to access this tool…

Thoughts??

Most med schools will expect a committee letter if it is available. If you choose not to use it, you’ll be questioned by the med school(s) about why not.

Cheers,

Judy

• VickiV Said:
Just found out that this body exists at the university I am taking my courses at. What are the pros and cons of making use of a committee like this? The rebel in me wants to step out on my own merits without some committee "endorsement". However, if it is a useful and helpful tool for gaining admission, I'm certainly willing to access this tool...

Thoughts??

Medical schools dont like rebels; they like over achieving conformists. Depending on the school, the committee letter can be a weeding tool but typically is a summary and compilation of LOR. I would suggest that rather rebelling, getting chummy with the committee