Pre-Med and 2nd Major

I’m currently looking at colleges and careers across the board as I try to figure out what colleges and corresponding programs and majors I’d like to apply for. My end goal is getting into Med school at the end of undergrad. That being said, I’d like to have another major besides Pre-med.

I’ve been taking architecture and visual art classes for 3 years and will continue in my fourth, and they are both subjects of vast interest to me.

Would it make sense to be a double major in Pre-Med [or perhaps instead of doing the program, I just take the required science classes for Med School?] and also Architecture or Interior Design?

Thank you for any advice you can lend.

• Nidapak Said:
I'm currently looking at colleges and careers across the board as I try to figure out what colleges and corresponding programs and majors I'd like to apply for. My end goal is getting into Med school at the end of undergrad. That being said, I'd like to have another major besides Pre-med.

I've been taking architecture and visual art classes for 3 years and will continue in my fourth, and they are both subjects of vast interest to me.

Would it make sense to be a double major in Pre-Med [or perhaps instead of doing the program, I just take the required science classes for Med School?] and also Architecture or Interior Design?

Thank you for any advice you can lend.

In the majority of schools there is no such major as premed. You can major in anything as you take the about 30 credits or so of prerequisites

* English—1 year (two years are recommended)

* Inorganic Chemistry- 1 year (including laboratory)

* Organic Chemistry - 1 year (including laboratory)*

* General Physics- 1 year (including laboratory)

* General Biology- 1 year (including laboratory)

* Calculus/Math

It is advisable to take additional upper-level biology courses

A second major/degree is not needed.