Pre req.

I have 41 or so credits from 8 years ago. I know I have Biology and I believe another science from a community college(have to check my transcript). Will there be a problem bringing these with me when I apply somewhere else now? If my memory serves me right I thought some advisor told me I could not, but this was sometime back. Thank you everyone. This website is a blessing. Donate through paypal

Beau,
You’re actually asking a couple of different questions because institutions regard these credits differently.
First - for your remaining undergraduate coursework. When you apply to an undergraduate school with the intention of earning your bachelor’s there, that school will consider all the credits you’ve earned previously, and determine which ones may transfer and count towards your degree. Each college has its own requirements as to what credits must be earned in which categories, and so different colleges might consider your credits differently (although probably almost all of the credits are transferrable).
Your new undergrad institution will count those credits but they won’t have grades attached to them any longer. [That’s how I was able to graduate from Georgetown magna cum laude! My three years of ordinary grades transferred over but the Bs and Cs didn’t count ] In other words, if you are accepted into an undergraduate program and told that you must earn 80 more semester hours to graduate (because you have 40 already; 120 semester hours is the conventional requirement for a bachelor’s degree), your college GPA for internal use, e.g. dean’s list, honors, etc., will be calculated on the 80 hours you take at that school.
HOWEVER, AMCAS, AACOMAS, and the med schools you apply to still care about those grades from your original institutions, and will want to see the transcripts from those places when you apply. And on your med school application, your overall GPA, and your bio-chem-math-physics GPA, will be calculated by AMCAS/AACOMAS from all of the grades from all of the places you’ve attended.
FINALLY, it is possible that prerequisite grades earned more than several years ago (e.g. the biology you mention) will be too old to be considered by medical schools. That does NOT mean that they don’t look at the grade or factor it into the GPA, but it will not be counted as fulfilling your prerequisites. To determine this, you’ll need to get those transcripts AND try to get the relevant course description (was it the Bio for Bio majors? did it include a lab?), and THEN check with med schools you think you’ll be interested in applying to, to see if that course will be satisfactory to them or if you’ll have to redo it.
Sounds complicated 'cuz it is. I hope I haven’t made it worse. Good luck!
*translation: AMCAS: American Medical College Application Service, application clearinghouse for allopathic US schools; AACOMAS: uh, i never get this one right, but it’s the clearinghouse for US osteopathic schools.

Quote:

I have 41 or so credits from 8 years ago. I know I have Biology and I believe another science from a community college(have to check my transcript). Will there be a problem bringing these with me when I apply somewhere else now? If my memory serves me right I thought some advisor told me I could not, but this was sometime back. Thank you everyone. This website is a blessing. Donate through paypal

I also had transfer credits and although they did show up on my new school’s transcript the grade was not used to compute my GPA.
I did have a pre-med required course from 19 years ago and have used it to apply this year. Every school has taken it. It was my year of English and I had taken it during my senior year of high school at a community college. So they do take some very old classes, but maybe not for the science pre-requis.

Quote:

AACOMAS: uh, i never get this one right, but it’s the clearinghouse for US osteopathic schools.

American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service. Do they they think the name is long enough?