Premed Online due to Covid 19 - Labs?

Hey there,

So I’m currently about 1/3 of the way through my premed classes and due to Covid-19, my husband and I lost our jobs and moved in with family in a smaller more rural town, where I am completing my undergraduate degree online. The only med school pre-req that offers an online lab is physics, so for organic chemistry, microbiology, biochemistry, anatomy and physiology, etc., I may not have a lab. Do you recommend taking extra time to take the labs separately at the local community college or is there a chance that I could be accepted to med school without taking these labs?

Thank you!

Hey,

If I’m not mistaken, I believe labs are required for physics, Biology, and Chemistry classes (Don’t quote me on this hahaha). Do you have access to the MSAR? I know it is just a guide but I find it helpful to get a general overview of the pre-reqs and average gpa requirements. Looking at the school website is always more reliable so double check that. The schools I am interested in specifically state labs are required for those classes on their website so if the schools you are looking at don’t say anything about it maybe you can ask admissions? If you don’t have access to the MSAR, I can take a look at a school for you if you want.