Premed with disability, interview

Hello!

I am a traditional premed student. When I was very young, I was diagnosed with ocular albinism, double vision, amblyopia, and strabismus. My corrected acuity is 20/40-, though my double vision cannot be fixed. I also have very mild nystagmus and light sensitivity. My poor vision is a very significant part of why I want to be a doctor; throughout my life, I have been in and out of the hospital. The eye surgeries I obtained to fix my amblyopia and strabismus are the only reason I am able to have a normal life that is only mildly impacted by my conditions. Now, it is true that I can only read the board from the front row, but I can read the board from the front row. I had to take extra steps to be able to drive, but I can drive. Without the help of the physicians who impacted my life, particularly my opthalmologist, I would have not been able to go to college or function normally as I do now. I hope, one day, to help others in the same way. Due to my conditions, I only intend to pursue non-surgical specialties.

My question is this: Considering my eye disorder is a very significant part of why I want to be a doctor, should I mention it in an interview? If so, how? I do not want an interviewer to assume that my conditions would impede my ability to become a doctor and view them as a red flag, but omitting this part of my life would make it so that the interviewer only hears a small part of my story.

Thank you,
Gabby