Preparing to Reapply

I recently listened to an episode of the Q&A where Dr. Grey talked about needing to rewrite your personal statement when you reapply. I understand the logic behind it but it felt more applicable to the younger, traditional student. The driving point made was the student is expected to “grow” between the cycles. As far as my application is concerned, my stats are low and I see that as the primary hurdle to even being looked at. I am working on a DIY postbac and will retake the MCAT if needed. But otherwise I’m having trouble seeing how to improve my application. I feel my personal statement is pretty good, and very honest. Beyond numbers, I can’t see how to improve my chances for next year. I have one II for this cycle. If I don’t get in this year, what should I do? I find hoop jumping to be disingenuous and have done my best to approach this entire process with open eyes and honest effort. Not just tick box to make you like me.

Thanks for your help.

Hi! Dr. Gray covered this on the podcast on Session #152! We hope we answered your questions about reapplying! If you have any other questions please feel free to post in the forum again.

Thank you,
Team MSHQ