Prerequisites at a Comm College (CC)

I am currently taking all my prereq at a cc which take a lot of pride in their program (meaning it’s a lot of work and very demanding).

Should I take classes at a university??? I was concerned about this. So, I met with the dean of admissions for a local med school and he said, “they can not discriminate against students about where they take classes.” They look at the whole application…

Do you think it will be a negative for me to take my last 4 classes: Organic Chem I & II and second year bio at a CC?

Please do a search on the forums - this has been discussed ad nauseaum and ad infinitum so you’re sure to find answers to exactly what you’re asking.

• Dazed Said:
Please do a search on the forums - this has been discussed ad nauseaum and ad infinitum so you're sure to find answers to exactly what you're asking.

Hey now, I know I asked a ton of questions, but I hope you did not lose your lunch over it.

Boobs, what do you gain by that?

There should be a sticky about CC’s.

• BOOBS Said:
  • Dazed Said:
Please do a search on the forums - this has been discussed ad nauseaum and ad infinitum so you're sure to find answers to exactly what you're asking.

Hey now, I know I asked a ton of questions, but I hope you did not lose your lunch over it.

I apologize - I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to. I was just responding to the original poster about CCs and the fact that s/he might save some time by doing a search rather than waiting for someone to reply.

By all means, do go ahead and ask your questions - that's what this forum is for. I certainly don't lose my lunches over people's questions.

Sorry to butt in here but I read Boobs comment as self-depreciating humour - nothing more.

OH yes, I was merely being silly. My apologies if I upset you. I was in a rare mood this a.m. avoiding screaming children w/ a migraine all while preparing a list of questions for the biology director (see my It’s official post), and took a break from the world a second to hop on. It was all in good humor. Hopefully no one was upset by my warped sense of comedic relief.

I just tried to edit my post, but it wouldn’t go through. The reason I found it humorous is that just a few days ago as I debated transferring from CC I posted something to the effect of “I’m sure you will all get sick of my questions”.

So “ad nauseum” in relation to my previous post, really just fit together funny in my mind. Again, my apologies.

In relation to the OP, have a look at my latest post in my It’s Official I Transferred thread. My CC takes pride in their science dept as well. They are one of the top nursing schools in the area, however, after discussing w/ the director of the biology dept at the school I’ve decided on, I can really see the difference. I outlined some of those differences in my latest post.

Hello everyone:

I echo Boob’s comment about the CC in our area. They have a top notch program for nursing, respiratory care and dental hygiene, among others. As of a couple of years ago, the school had a pre-med program.

Sadly they no longer have a distinctive pre med program. Depressing isn’t it?