Question about DO Schools

Question for you guys,
Do DO schools overlook a poor Undergrad GPA when the Grad. GPA is so much more improved and it has been over 5 years since graduation from UG?
How do they view life experience?
How do they view extensive EMT experience?
What are ther average MCAT scores for DO schools?

Quote:

Question for you guys,
Do DO schools overlook a poor Undergrad GPA when the Grad. GPA is so much more improved and it has been over 5 years since graduation from UG?

I don’t think DO schools view GPA TRENDS any differently than MD schools. If you have shown improvement in grades and have taken progressively more challenging courses, that can only help you.
Quote:

How do they view life experience?

My understanding is that they tend to look more favorably on life experience, i.e. having had another career prior to applying to school.
Quote:

How do they view extensive EMT experience?

I don’t know that they view EMT experience any differently than MD schools. I would think that any healthcare experience, especially one involved with handling trauma cases and dealing with life/death situations would only reflect positively upon you, especially if you have a great recommendation from your supervisors.
Quote:

What are ther average MCAT scores for DO schools?

You can find this at the AACOM Info page. Go to the AACOMAS Update area for specifics on applicant stats for last year. Surf around the AACOM site and you’ll find lots of info, including how to contact individual schools. The adcoms would be better able to answer your questions about how your grades and life experiences would impact your application.
Good luck to you!