Question about Grad School GPA

Hi there!
I hope someone on here can help answer my question.
I have a 3.8 undergrad gpa (4 years), a 3.9 master’s gpa, and a 2.0 law school gpa.
My law school is very different from other law schools in that it doesn’t give grades, really, (no As, Bs, or Cs)-- it just does a pass (2.0, given to 60% of the class), high pass (3.0, given to 30% of the class) and high honors (5.0, given to 10% of the class).
My question is-- will my grad school grades be figured into my gpa when I apply to med school?
If so, my 2.0 law school gpa will significantly pull everything down. Somehow this doesn’t seem fair, especially since it’s not a normal grading system.
Can anyone offer any advice on how to deal with this?
Thanks!!!
smile.gif

IN AMCAS, grad GPA is kept seperate from undergrad GPA. More weight is given to undergrad GPA. I think you're ok. It will bring your graduate GPA down, but you can always explain in interviews if they ask.
I'm trying to think who you can call, but I'm pretty sure AMCAS won't help you. Perhaps contacting one or more of the schools where you are applying would be helpful?
Good luck. I think you're in good shape GPA-wise.

Thanks, spacecadet. I think I will call a school or two to check on that. Right now I’m debating whether or not to stay in law school and try to raise my g.p.a., or just calling it a day and quitting law school all together. Right now is a very confusing time for me.
I hope that the schools don’t look at my 2.0 law school gpa as a failure-- ughh-- maybe they would look at the quality of the law school (I go to a top 10 school).
Anyway, thanks for your kind and helpful words. The people on this board are so GREAT-- I can’t get over it!!! biggrin.gif

From the 60%-30%-10% split, I guess the failures are 0%!!!
Joking aside, your grad experiences are subtotaled in a different slot than your undergrad. I think the numbers are all tallied up in the cumulative section though…the more hours of 2.0 you have, the more it will decrease your cum's. It is a minimal amount of change when you have lots of hours though.