Question for spouses of OPMs

Alguien habla Español?

Si`,
Pero no estoy Hispano, soy Indio como le dije. Aprendi espanol en La Universidad de Norte del Tejas en mil-novecientos-noventa y quatro (otono).
Halito,
Gerald Jimmy Jr.
(a.k.a.- ojo de aguila)

Quote:

My husband is from Bangladesh. He’s an Indian and a Muslim. So while you guys are conversing in German, I will just say, "Opka nom kya hey? Meri nom Kulsum. Main Amriki aur op ke pas tin beche; do larkda; ek lardki. (That’s VERY SIMPLE Urdu!!)
Kathy
Things are better by the way - seeing a counselor.

Meri naam Leah. I am not going to try to go further, because it’s been 20 years… I love Hindi movies, and so Urdu /Hindi is music to my ears. I see we have different spelling conventions though… hehe… Unfortunately I have 0 lardka 0 lardki…
I think husband (spousal) craziness is a culture onto itself… My husband is a good old boy from WV, and he’s got his fair share… Ok, maybe more than his fair share… Mostly resents the fact that I’m doing what I want, and he is a med school drop out (many years ago, family reasons)… He feels he ‘has to’ work himself to death so we have savings for the ‘future’. Supersacrificial and guilt inducing (trying anyway) Keep telling him that the fact that we’re not in debt, and have been investing/saving all along is good, he doesn’t have to fret. One day I’ll be earning a decent living, and even if, god forbid something happened to me/my earning power, money is NOT everything. Health and joy matter too… sigh… The resentment is what is getting to me the most right now.
Not to say I don’t see what I’m asking him to face for the next 8-10 years…
Leah =

Leah,
I think ALL men have some sort of craziness (I can see the guys lining up to shoot something back!) Culture just adds another dimension to it. My first husband was a good old boy from Arkansas and had a LOAD of problems, so I know about that! How did you end up watching Hindi films?? My favorite movie right now, is “Lagaan”. My all time favorite though, is “Pakheeza”. We get lots of live shows also here in Dallas, as well as having an Indo-Pak radio station, TONS of stores and restaurants, etc…
Kathy

My wife has had trouble supporting me with this. She was telling people we were not going to move as I applied for my loans this round. I was accepted into medical school and had some trouble with private school loans, we fought over this 4 days before I was approved. Now we are going but she tells me to stop talking about it. It’s so hard to be happy and live with someone who is negative. True we have a house for sale and a car we still own that we must sell but I’m sure it will work and work out.