quick question about start date

I plan on taking the AUG 2005 MCAT. Does that mean I WOULD(IF ACCEPTED)THEN START MED SCHOOL IN FALL 2006? THANKS IN ADVANCE.

yes

Quote:

I plan on taking the AUG 2005 MCAT. Does that mean I WOULD(IF ACCEPTED)THEN START MED SCHOOL IN FALL 2006? THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Yes, you could be accepted to start in fall 2006. The August MCAT 2005 is the last chance to take the test for consideration for admission to the entering class of 2006. Believe it or not, I have run into people who think that you can take, for example, the April 2005 test for the first time and enter medical school fall of 2005.
You only asked about the MCAT factor, but I assume you know that there is a lot more to the process than that for applying to medical school. (AMCAS, transcripts, secondaries, LOR’s, lots of $$$$$, etc). If you don’t know much about the process, don’t hesitate to ask. (Personally, I have never been able to search the archives very successfully - so I don’t mind answering questions that have been asked awhile back)
I added the second paragraph because I am constantly amazed at the number of “pre-med” students who really have no idea what they are supposed to do when. I have a very good friend and classmate who wouldn’t have known how to register for the MCAT, do her AMCAS, do her LOR’s and etc. if I hadn’t asked her every step along the way (as I was doing them) “Have you done this yet?”
Good luck!
Amy