Re-applying

Since this application season is pretty much over and this was not a successful year for me, good thing since the stork is stopping by in May, I am preparing for re-applying. I have been preparing for the April MCAT and I have begun to contact schools about discussing how else I can improve my application.
My question is regarding the personal statement. If this was not an issue for the admissions people, is it alright to re-use it? How should it be changed? What should it reflect?
Thanks,
Gabe

I would change it. Maybe not completely from scratch, but I’d at least try to make it new and improved. Ask some people whose opinions you trust, and preferably who have some experience with the whole app process, to read it and give you some feedback. Hope this year goes well for you, Gabe.

It may help to spend a few$ and have your whole package reviewed by a professional Admin Advisor. They can give some good tips on advice. Just a thought.

Quote:

My question is regarding the personal statement. If this was not an issue for the admissions people, is it alright to re-use it? How should it be changed? What should it reflect?

Don’t reuse it. You may want to keep bits and pieces, but certainly you have had experiences in the past year that you may want to fold into your personal statement. And if nothing has changed to improve your application over this past year, you may want to rethink reapplying right away.
Cheers,
Judy

Thanks for all of your advice. I am holding my decision to apply until after I take get my new MCAT score. My plan is to see what I get and then contact schools.