Rejections Thread 2007

OK…I was the first one this year to start the secondaries thread, and I’m the first one to start the rejections thread for the incoming class 2007.

(Hopefully I’ll be the first one to start acceptances thread, too. )

Anyway…I got a rejection from Wake Forest today. At least it didn’t cost me anything, b/c they thanked me before sending a secondary. I guess it didn’t feel too, too bad…(but it wasn’t the nicest feeling in the world either). The main reason for not having upset me too much was the fact that it was only a ‘just in case’ school for me. I hope that some of the schools that I would really like to go to will work out.

And one more think… although usually people want their threads to bloom and be going, I won’t be offended if none of you guyz has nothing else to post in this matter ;). Quite contrary…I hope we won’t have to update this topic too often!

Kasia

(ps. I got two more secondaries today…so it looks like I’ll be busy this weekend).

Hi Kasia

I got a couple of rejections based solely on GPA, but then I got AACOMAS to designate some courses as repeats and my GPA went up. I’ve had a lot of secondaries pile up while studying for a final and then spending a long weekend in NYC for a wedding, so now I’m in the secondary hot seat!

I got one rejection from S Dakota

No big surprise to me, and at least they did not ask for a secondary first!

I too have secondaries piling up faster than I can send them off!

In addition to working, i am job-hunting yet again…this temp-job stuff is for the birds!

Last week I got the letter from West Virginia University…not quite a rejection letter, but they ask for more documents/ explanations supporting my bonds to the state of WV, before they can grant me secondaries…and I don’t have such bonds…well, at least it didn’t cost me anything.

Unfortunatelly Georgetown rejection, that I received today, cost me 130$. It didn’t really upset me; I was surprised how calm I was, but it wasn’t a good ending to the day…especially that I was really happy after my Penn State interview.

Kasia

Well, I just received my 1st rejection, pre-secondary.

WVSOM.

• ttraub Said:
Hi Kasia

I got a couple of rejections based solely on GPA, but then I got AACOMAS to designate some courses as repeats and my GPA went up. I've had a lot of secondaries pile up while studying for a final and then spending a long weekend in NYC for a wedding, so now I'm in the secondary hot seat!

Terry,

Did you request the schools that sent you rejection letters to reconcider your application based on the new GPA? I am asking WVSOM to reconsider my application based on an explanation. You may want to look into it. Do not take No because of an error made by someone else.

Gabe
  • gabelerman Said:

Terry,

Did you request the schools that sent you rejection letters to reconcider your application based on the new GPA? I am asking WVSOM to reconsider my application based on an explanation. You may want to look into it. Do not take No because of an error made by someone else.

Gabe

Gabe,

Absolutely; I did just that, and WVSOM then invited me for an interview. Good luck,

All you need is ONE yes letter - then all of the rejections no longer matter!

University of Alabama and Case Western rejected me…

UTMB in Galveston just sent a “Dear John” letter yesterday. ‘There were many fine applicants to choose from…blah, blah, blah…Good luck in your future.’

Oh well, 1 down, 6 still pending.

Clay

Hang in there! Keeping my fingers crossed for every one of you (which makes it awfully, awfully hard to type).

I basically just got a rejection email from San Antonio.

Clay

Clay,

The first letter I got this application season was an e-mail rejection from Wake Forest. You would think that at least they could spare some paper and postage…

You still have five more schools to hear from, so don’t give up and be positive .

Good luck,

Kasia

I’ve been rejected from Vanderbilt, Cornell and UCSF so far.

No surprises on any of those.