renal function question

hi all - i’m looking for a diagram (preferably on the web) that illustrates the movement of ions in and out of the kidney. i just can’t seem to find a diagram that clearly outlines reabsorption/excretion/secretion and i’m wasting tons of time trying to diagram it out myself.
any suggestions?
many thanks

link

Hi there,
Another option that is more expensive but well worth the price is to go to the Gold Standard Multimedia site and click on Integrated Medical curriculum. Under that link, you will find the Interactive Physiology section. The renal stuff at this site is excellent and animated for your learning pleasure. The Radiographic Anatomy site is excellent too. You can sign up for sections that you want to access. This was a great site for physiology, immunology and radiology for USMLE Step I and for neurophysiology too.
Natalie

OH it is too bad that our physio prof’s wonderful slide presentation isn’t available outside GW. He did a fairly crude animation of ions moving in and out as you move through the tubule - but the best part was that it was set to music. Handel’s Water Music, to be exact. I have a feeling that not very many of us “got it” but I laughed and laughed. (Natalie knows this prof and can vouch for my story! A tip of the hat - or perhaps a raised glass of French wine - to Don Watkins.)

This has 13 slides of basic renal physiology. Check out:
http://www.ags.uci.edu/~bcrourke/Kidney_1/index.htm
Good luck!

Quote:

OH it is too bad that our physio prof’s wonderful slide presentation isn’t available outside GW. He did a fairly crude animation of ions moving in and out as you move through the tubule - but the best part was that it was set to music. Handel’s Water Music, to be exact. I have a feeling that not very many of us “got it” but I laughed and laughed. (Natalie knows this prof and can vouch for my story! A tip of the hat - or perhaps a raised glass of French wine - to Don Watkins.)

Hey Mary,
The year that I took Physio, Dr. Watkins set the slides to Rigoletto. It was one of the best lectures ever. I also loved the lady from UHUHS too. She did the GI section of Physio. We also had Captain Cardiac who did some of the cardiac lectures along with Dr. Weglicki who did sound effects. Great stuff!!
Natalie