Replacing Old Grades

I have a question about the DO application allowing new grades to replace old grades. I’ve gone to a few difference universities over the past 10 years. Say I took a physics course without lab at one university, and a stats class at another. Now at my current university I’m taking a stats I and II class and a physics with lab. Would these courses replace grades from old universities? In other words, can I replace grades from 5-10 years ago taken at other schools? They’re basically the same classes, but there’s no way to find an exact replacement. How does that work?