Research

I’m considering doing some EMS research ( since I’m a paramedic) to help my application. My GPA is good and my BCPM is high. Do you feel as though my time would be better spent doing research over the summer, or additional MCAT prep for a May 2012 MCAT?

Dan

• Guitardan77 Said:
I'm considering doing some EMS research ( since I'm a paramedic) to help my application. My GPA is good and my BCPM is high. Do you feel as though my time would be better spent doing research over the summer, or additional MCAT prep for a May 2012 MCAT?

Dan

Rule 2: Trust Your Gut

Rule 3: It Depends

GPA and MCAT are typically the top factors when adcoms are considering an student. However, if that all a student has, then he/she will have a hard time into making the cut. A research project into EMS would be great depending on the specifics. However, if you already have a pile of outstanding paramedic/EMS items, then perhaps

another EC would make sense. It all depends on balance of items in your application

Let me give you some examples. If you are a professional (paid) paramedic with 5+ years of experience, a supervisor, have commendations, or if you have been active in a volunteer service, have been an officer or held other leadership role, then you have much already.

If all this is confusing, go to Rule 2: Trust Your Gut. If the project feels right, if your are motivated and interested, then go for it