retaking class - audit or graded?

Hey guys, I took O chem I several years ago, and got an A+. It was an interesting situaiton- the teacher wasn’t the best, and there was a lot of grade inflation. I don’t feel that I have the content knowledge to back up the A+. I’m now preparing to take O chem II, but want to brush up on O chem I before I do. Is it frowned upon to audit a class after I’ve already taken it for a grade? Should I retake O chem I for a grade, or just jump in to O chem II? I am concerned I didn’t get everything I need from Ochem I, and also would like to review that material for the MCAT. Any advice would be appreciated!!!

For what it’s worth, I remember my OChem II course being pretty different from the OChem I course. I didn’t really learn anything in OChem I that I retained going into OChem II, and I think all I did was reference the old textbook when I needed to. If it makes you feel better, you won’t use the micro details of OChem after you finish the MCAT…

Does auditing a class even show up on a transcript? I have no idea. Regardless, if you feel like you absolutely need the refresher via auditing to be successful, then who cares what it looks like on paper. I absolutely would not retake a class I got an A+ in, because doing worse the second time WILL look bad…