Scared to press that button!

My AMCAS personal statement is FINALLY done. I have proofed my coursework and made corrections. I have re-done my Experiences Section, making my comments more concise instead of luxuriating in all the extra characters. There is very little, if anything, else to fix.
But I am unable to shake the feeling that when I press the button, I will find a terrible error that will keep me out of med school, and there will be storms, and floods, and cats and dogs living together–mass hysteria!
HELP!

Denise,
I remember that feeling. From what you have described, your application is in tip-top shape, so go ahead and send it so you can start getting those secondaries :slight_smile:
Tara

haha… I remember this… I think it took me 2 or 3 days to finally “do it”… At the last minute after I’d obsessed about it for all that time… my husband said to me… just push the bleeping button already?!.. so I did… and never looked back… if there were any gross errors, I never heard about it later… so who knows…
so push the button already… the worst that could happen is that you’ll get into all the schools you want and have to pick one… :wink:

Interestingly, since posting this I have found a typo and done some necessary (I think) format cleanup and editing in the Experiences section. So I may sleep on it before I push the bleeping button.

It’s not like the unsleeping minions at AMCAS are going to leap into action and start verifying my transcripts in the middle of the night. So I’m going to wait until the morning, giving my sleeping brain time to say, "Oh, but what about the yaddi-do? You didn’t write about the yaddi-do!"
By lunchtime tomorrow, the little button will be pushed! I have spoken!

Good morning, Samenewme!
Before you push the button today, see if there is a way to print out the screen pages and then have someone else review it for typos (you’ve probably already thought of this!).
Also, congratulations on your GREAT mcat score!
anita

Printed, reviewed, corrected two more typos this morning, and then I
PUSHED THE BUTTON!

Quote:

Printed, reviewed, corrected two more typos this morning, and then I
PUSHED THE BUTTON!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Best of Luck!!!

Congrats! Must be quite a thrill. So far no floods or storms here.

Thank you all for your support! I love this forum!

YEAH!!!
I am still waiting on 2 comments for my PS. I want to push in 2 weeks.
Gabe

That is one more hurdle you have now cleared. Doesn’t it feel good to see the hurdles start falling by the wayside? Congratulations to all of you who are submitting your applications this year!

Thanks, Linda! I am startled to report that although I pushed the button on Monday, by Tuesday evening my application had been processed. Wha??? And here I thought I had a few weeks to get those last letters in! At this rate I should be getting the MCW secondary in about a week!

Quote:

YEAH!!!
I am still waiting on 2 comments for my PS. I want to push in 2 weeks.
Gabe

1 more comment to go!! The presenter from North Carolina and I are going to speak tonight over the phone. Hopefully he won’t have too many changes. So far I have received very good comments and only cosmetic changes.

Quote:

1 more comment to go!! The presenter from North Carolina and I are going to speak tonight over the phone. Hopefully he won’t have too many changes. So far I have received very good comments and only cosmetic changes.

Back to the drawing board

As a side note -(so no one starts panicking when they don’t get secondaries quite away) the rumor on SDN is that the schools don’t actually receive the applications from AMCAS until July 6th. People have allegedly verified this with different medical schools.

Denise, I have very strong feelings that you will be accepted to MCW post haste.
I’m rooting for you!!! Man, you’re MCAT score ROCKED!!! I’m so proud of you!!!
Vita

Congratulations for being such a brave woman and getting that button pushed! I thought I might have similar misgivings, but when the time came to press “SUBMIT” on Sunday, June 26 I had no qualms. (of course I read and re-read the application to make sure it was just right . . .) It is such a relief to mark one more thing as “done” in this crazy process!
Best of luck on your acceptances, Denise. I’m sure you will hear from those schools with the secondaries very soon.
Lu