Scared

I am a little concerned. I just had my Economics final and I am sure of my grade on the exam. Unfortunately it looks like a 76. The average of the exams would be a 76.6. The professor knows I want to go to medical school and there is still the homeworks that have to get added which account for 20% of the final grade.
If I am that close and he still does not give me a B but rather a C, does this start nailing the lid on the coffin for medical school?
But since he knows I am applying to medical school and my exam average is a 76.6, maybe the homework is enough to push the points to the B range.
Oh, this is graduate school and I know that a C in graduate school is bad. So I am real scared

If you have 100% on the homeworks, your average will be over 80. If it’s a ten point scale, you’re golden. Otherwise, you have to depend on the charity of the curve, and I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. Because C’s are bad in grad school, many professors look for excuses not to give them.
I’m a bit dependent on the curve for my biology grade, so you and I can just keep checking our online grade postings and hope for the best. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.
What I do when faced with something I’m afraid of is think about what my rain plan would be if it happens. How would you shore up your application if you get that one C? Will you take extra classes? Put off application a year? Do extra MCAT prep? Think about your options if the worst happens. The only option ISN’T never getting into med school.

Thanks for the pep talk. My grades on the homework average probably a high B to a low A. They were not equal in the number of questions. But he did mention that since the Homework was to be submitted before the lesson was given he would give them a little extra weight.
I hope you are right and I am golden. I have not felt this way since undergrad when my GPA was in the crapper. This C does co-incide with having to put in longer hours at work and practically fizzling out by the end of the semester. But I don’t like to make excuses.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you as well. Lets hope we have a good New Year with nothing to worry about.
Gabe

Gabe,
I know you said the prof knows you want to go to medical school, but have you actually talked to him about the grade? Asked if there was anything you could do to shore it up, etc…Never hurts to try. I used to hate doing that, but learned from my hubby that sometimes its a good thing. Best of luck,
Kathy

I did send him an e-mail but he has not responded to that one. He responded to the other two that I wrote him though.
Gabe

Gabe,
Is it possible to go in and talk with him in person?? I don’t know if your school is out yet or what the situation is, but again, I wish you the best on the class.
Kathy

I RECEIVED A B BY THE SMALLEST OF MARGINS!!!
HEY A B IS NOT A C!!!
thanks guys for your support.
gabe

WOO HOO!!!
Way to go Gabe, I know thats a load off your shoulders for the holidays!
Kathy

HURRAY! HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!
The curve fairy was good to me, too. I got my A in the last semester of freshman Bio.