Secondary Applications 2007

OK! I’m starting an offical 2007 Secondary Application thread. I got my first one today. From GWU. They don’t screen before sending the secondaries, but still - it’s my first secondary ever and I’m getting excited about the whole process.

Kasia

Congrats Kasia. It continues to be just as exciting when you get all the rest of them as well! And what’s really exciting is when you’re done with them and can put them in the mail! Enjoy!!

I got mine from GWU today too, hopefully getting it out by Friday! Good luck.

Best of luck & success to you both!

That’s great Kasia! Best Wishes!!!

I got one from Medical College of Georgia ! Woo Hoo !

The other day I got one from Penn State! I’m getting it ready over the weekend

secondaries from

Penn-State in Hershey

GWU

Boston

DMU

NSU

AZCOM

Western, even have my first interview of the season next month!

yay!

best of luck to all of you!

An interview already? That’s awesome, Miss Compassion! keep up the good work!

OSU COM

Nova NSU Osteopathic

PCOM (Philadelphia)

PCOM (Georgia)

UMDNJ Osteopathic

Boston Univ.

I managed to get 5 out today,

GWU

UMDNJ

UMDNJ RWJSM

Temple

St Louis U

What a tedious process this is, how many people probably just give up because of what a pain in the ass these secondaries are? Good luck to all.

Tim

I pushed the button!!!

Off we go. I have gotten the secondary questions off a thread on SDN. Time to work on them now so when/if I get those secondaries I can send them out the next day.

Gabe

Formerartist!

Hmm…I applied to Temple too, and still haven’t gotten the secondary application. And they don’t screen before, so theoretically I should have gotten one too. Is it possible that I deleted it by mistake from my junk folder? Don’t they just send it to everyone at the same time? Should I contact them, or give them some more time?

I know that my AMCAS application’s status is ‘Ready for Review’. Do you guyz think that it may be why I still haven’t heard from Temple?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Kasia

If it’s getting to be a while, maybe you should call or email them.

It’s kind of nice to get secondaries by post, actually. Email is still a little iffy. I have a pretty ferocious spam filter that basically blocks everything, so I looked up the domain names of the 30 colleges I’ve applied to and added them to my protected list in advance. Sometimes the email comes from a slightly different address than I expected but for the most part it has worked pretty well.

I missed at least 2 secondaries because of the stupid spam thing. I hated the email secondary! I called up Northwestern after a LONG wait, and had missed their deadline by a month. Luckily, they took pity and gave me a new deadline.

My advice: If you are unsure, CALL the school. They can quickly check and tell you what’s up. Be prepared for a busy person, or someone who tells you that you have to call back on a certain day.

Good luck

Hey Folks! Has anyone got Temple secondary application, too?

I’m going to wait for some more feedback. If someone else got it means that mine probably got lost in the air.

Kasia

Kasia -

If you are pretty sure they don’t screen, it doesn’t hurt to call and ask. For some reason, I never got a secondary for Ohio State and had to go ask for one. Worst they can do is tell you that your file is still under review and don’t call us again.

I was going to wait until next week, and…I got my secondaries today! I’m going to get them out over the weekend .

Also my AMCAS application got finally reviewed and approved today. And I’m positively surprised. I know that they calculate the GPA a little bit differently than schools do. My current grades are really good, but I had a bunch of Bs in a community college few years ago. Anyway. I’m quite happy how AMCAS computed my GPA.

BCPM - 3.88, All others - 3.68, Overall GPA - 3.81. I hope that with these grades they will be able to ‘overlook’ my 27 MCAT .

• madkasia Said:
I was going to wait until next week, and...I got my secondaries today! I'm going to get them out over the weekend .

Also my AMCAS application got finally reviewed and approved today. And I'm positively surprised. I know that they calculate the GPA a little bit differently than schools do. My current grades are really good, but I had a bunch of Bs in a community college few years ago. Anyway. I'm quite happy how AMCAS computed my GPA.

BCPM - 3.88, All others - 3.68, Overall GPA - 3.81. I hope that with these grades they will be able to 'overlook' my 27 MCAT .

Superb--very competitive. 27 mcat is a good score as well. Congratulations, Mad Kasia!

My current secondary list:

OSU COM

Nova NSU Osteopathic

PCOM (Philadelphia)

PCOM (Georgia)

UMDNJ Osteopathic

Boston Univ.

Arizona COM

A.T. Still KCOM

Des Moines COM (on hold until AACOMAS GPA issues addressed)

Edward Via Virginia Osteopathic (on hold for AACOMAS GPA)

Kansas City UMB

NYCOM (no secondary, just a letter that says "don't call us, we'll call you")

Touro Nevada

George Washington Univ.

I've sent four secondaries back, and I have about 20 days between end of summer classes and beginning of fall classes to do the rest. Yikes!

Yesterday I got my secondary application from Georgetown. But what made me really happy, today I received a secondary application from VCU! It’s really motivating b/c it’s the first school that screens before sending secondaries that responded to me…