Secondary Applications 2007

I just received OSUCOM and the dean at UMDNJ-SOM asked me via e-mail if I already sent in my secondary. So, I am guessing that she wants it. So I sent it in yesterday.

good job bro’

stay BLESSED

Cool, Gabe!

My UNECOM interview invite just arrived!!!

What are we getting ourselves into???

Great!! I just received MSU-COM!!

Hi all. I just got 5 of my 8 secondaries so far:

Boston Univ.

Yale

Baylor

GWU

Johns Hopkins

I’m still waiting on Tufts, Duke, & Vanderbilt. Ok so I know none of these schools (w/the exception of Duke & Vanderbilt) screens, but hey you sure can’t beat getting an email that says “Thank you & an invitation from Yale.” I just keep looking at the email header and pretend it’s the real thing! :slight_smile:

Good luck everyone!

Bea

Whew. 5 secondaries out the door. So far 1 interview from them. 2 more to go.

Where to start? Well I missed deadlines on 3 schools I wanted to apply to with primaries, and just barely got the Nov 1st deadline in and now have a few secondaries to work with… all because my house burned down in June, and well the aftermath trickled down into my MCAT 24R, and the whole application process… I have ‘0’ completed LOR’s and I feel like a small racoon is tearing out my innards… anyone have some cheap advice on how to get these mad suckers in!! BTW any threads on what schools “LIKE” non-trads-- just a thought.

I know it might sound cruel, but it looks like you might want to try applying next year. It’s going to be hard to get your files completed in time, when you don’t have your secondaries ready or letters of recommendation (it took me well over 3 months to make sure that all the letters I requested got written and sent to my advisor). I think that the burned house story would get you compassion of some ad coms but for that you’ll have to get to the interview stage, or at least secondary - where you can describe some of this stuff in one of your essays. But I’m not sure if it’s not too late for that. So just call the schools you’re particularly interested in and ask them. Secondaries cost a lot of money. Since it’s so late in the cycle, and you don’t have all the things you need ready, you might want to save up the $$ for the next year and start as early as possible in the cycle.

Kasia

One of the things I noticed on a lot of the secondaries was that they asked a lot of the same questions, so once I had an outline of what my reply would be, I was able to refine/tweak them for each individual application. Once I plowed through the first couple, the others ones went much faster.