Secondary before AMCAS verification?

I didn’t think we got secondaries until after AMCAS verification but I just got an email from George Washington to complete my automatic secondary. I thought I had at least a couple weeks to prepare before this happened!

Yep, just got mine too!! My advisor did say that GW sends them out before students are even verified. I was hoping for a little more time, too - I’m in the throes of MCAT study for 7/6. Well, I’ll chip away at it in the evenings after my long days of studying - at least it will be a change of pace.

I went on SDN and printed out the prompts from last year just to start mulling them over and jotting down ideas. Hopefully some can be tweaked to fit more than one secondary.

• desert_shawn Said:
I didn't think we got secondaries until after AMCAS verification but I just got an email from George Washington to complete my automatic secondary. I thought I had at least a couple weeks to prepare before this happened!

You thought wrong...... many schools send them out automatically. Get cracking on them! BTW, one of early active members, D. Mary Renard, who received the coveted "Order of the Thong" award this year in absentia, is a graduate of GWU-SOM

secondaries will come at you hard and fast. Do yourself a favor and stay organized. Make a chart that notes when the secondary was received, and when it was sent out. That way you can contact the school to ensure that it has been received. Remember, it is YOUR responsibility to make sure that your application packet is complete and not the school’s.