Shadowing a Doctor

How do I shadow a doctor? Do I just call a hospital and ask if they have any physicans who are willing to be shadowed? Thanx

Hi there,
You can phone the local medical society and ask if there are physicians who are willing to allow pre-medical students to shadow. This is more easily done in a larger metro area where there are more physicians. MSDC (Medical Society of the District of Columbia) offers this service. The Fairfax Medical Society offers this service also.