Should I Retake the MCAT?

I recently received my first MCAT score of a 505 (128/123/127/127). CARS strikes again! I’m trying to decide whether or not I should retake the exam because I know 505 is on the low end and most of the schools I plan to apply to have an average around 510, but I’ve heard retaking and scoring worse can hurt your application. I’ve also read that consistency across all four sections looks better, so the fact that I tanked one section does not look good. I have a 3.98 overall GPA with a 3.92 science GPA and over 2000 hours of paid clinical experience (MA/Scribe) along with shadowing and volunteering. I’m unsure if the rest of my application would be enough to get me in or if I should just suck it up and retake. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Check the website of the med school you want to apply to. Some schools explicitly screen for <125 on any particular section.

In short, you have a chance. They might overlook the 123, but your app must be flawless. I, personally, would retake. If anything, you can def improve your psych section pretty quickly and pray that the CARS gods are with you that day.