Son got beat up

Yesterday I had planned to go home and study for the upcoming exams on Monday, but my 13 year old, Adam went across the street to the park with his soccer ball, and six boys aproached him, demanded the ball and when he refused to give it up, slapped, punched and kicked him. So the evening went to reporting it to the police, going to A & E (ER) and generally calming him down. The police never did show up, and when we called them back this morning, said they would come over this afternoon OR tomorrow. Seems they were overran with incidents due to St. Patricks Day. (When I left school to go to Staples at 3pm, four guys ran by me with Irish flags tied around themselves, running, singing and carrying glasses of beer). Anyway, Adam is home today taking Paracetamol for a headache and I’ll study tonight.
Kathy

Kathy,
Sorry to hear about what happened to Adam. It seems like when it rains, it really does pour. You have certainly had your share of problems as you begin, but you are a good person with strong desire and great spirit. I’m sure Adam has the same qualities. In the future, when you look back at these experiences, you will see that they have only made you stronger.
Keep the faith!

Quote:

Yesterday I had planned to go home and study for the upcoming exams on Monday, but my 13 year old, Adam went across the street to the park with his soccer ball, and six boys aproached him, demanded the ball and when he refused to give it up, slapped, punched and kicked him. So the evening went to reporting it to the police, going to A & E (ER) and generally calming him down. The police never did show up, and when we called them back this morning, said they would come over this afternoon OR tomorrow. Seems they were overran with incidents due to St. Patricks Day. (When I left school to go to Staples at 3pm, four guys ran by me with Irish flags tied around themselves, running, singing and carrying glasses of beer). Anyway, Adam is home today taking Paracetamol for a headache and I’ll study tonight.
Kathy

I’m so sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately, I have had to deal with a similar issue with my daughter involving bullies. If your son will tell you who the boys are, I would not only report it to the police but I would probably have a talk with their parents as well since THEY should reinburse you for the cost of this incident. If this occured on school property, I would also report it to the school principle.