Started This Week...

So I started back this week for my “Wintermester”. First time in a Classroom in 20 years. My, things have changed.

Powerpoints, Videos…

Because of the nature of the course, there is a good mixture of ages. I am finding it entertaining some of the things that the “younger” crowd says. And of course wonder, if I was ever that naive. (I am sure, I was probably worse.) Makes for lively discussions, which then leads to lots of reading since we don’t cover the text book during class time.

Must say though, having a blast.

Enjoy the ride, Shark!

That’s awesome. Its so much easier to do well when you’re having fun.

Congrats! I started this fall (end of August) and I agree – it IS a blast. Enjoy the ride!

Sounds like you’re off to a good start. I’ll be starting classes in a few weeks. I know it may be too early to tell but are you finding it easier or harder than it was 20 years ago?

I am having a blast that is for sure.

As to am I finding it easier than 20 years ago? This class isn’t a good barometer.

We spend everyday talking about the current events as they relate to government. Having debates about them. Then maybe a little less than half the time actually discussing the textbook and power points.

Then today, we broke into groups and each group came up with 8 multiple choice questions from a chapter (each group was assigned a different chapter). The professor looked over everyone’s questions and “approved” them. He then went and made copies for everyone handed them out and said that will be our test next week.

Soooo…I don’t think that is going to be the case with the rest of my classes.

I would venture to guess I will get an A in this class though. And will certainly take him again for Govt II, as that is a requirement where I am going. Should be a nice GPA padding.