Starting over?

hey everyone,

perhaps some of you may be able to help me. I’ve been looking at getting into some post-bacc programs. The problem that I am having is that my undergraduate studies were done at a school that is national accredited (ACICS). All the universites that I have called will not honor my degree. Should I start over? Will I have to begin from Community College, then transfer to University? Also, when I finally am ready to apply to medical schools will my national accredited undergrad course work even be evaluated by medical schools? I’m in CA. Thanks…

James

James,

You might check out “Richards rules” in this forum. The medical field has the most stringent and frankly VICIOUS requirements… they do not “share well” with others (there are NO short cuts) but you CAN DO IT EVEN in middle age!

The real question is this: are you willing to do what you must to get to the front door? I have not seen “your stuff” but it may indeed require “starting over”, understand this is not all bad… I had the time of my life getting a “whole new” undergraduate degree on the way to matriculation to KU SOM on the FIRST TRY!

So get a hold of a good pre-medicine advisor (One, Mary, is even a member of this forum), find out what you need to do and then grit your teeth, steel yourself to the process and GET CRACKING!

I started medical school at 42, and I was actually the FOURTH oldest student, so your goals are attainable but you gotta do the “other stuff”

If I can be of assistance, do not hesitate to give a yell!

Yours,

Richard