Technology: Anti-Gravity experiments

Ok, here is the link:
http://www.WorldNetDaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=28473
So the question is:
What do you think will be the next great break-through in technological advances?
Me, I think an answer to the thong is right around the corner.
Ok, seriously, I like the flying car thing that that one science mag keeps touting will be right around the corner and in my driveway.

hopefully the antigrav machine will be developed in time to deflect the asteroid away from us in 2019.
as to flying cars - I sure hope not - not with the drivers that I share the freeways with - i can just imagine adding up/down to their already too full slate of things to concentrate on :D
Lisa

It was Popular science that comes out with the “Car of the Future” thing and the last one I finally liked. It wa a 3 seater and had regular wheel bases, but on the sides were fold out wings and turbine propulsion engines. It was to have a max distance of 100 miles flying and 150 driving.
In actuality, the FAA will never license the thing. Can you imagine a govt agency actually being forward thinking?
Neither can I. Let alone thinking about LA traffic…that would be a hoot to watch.

Quote (futrfysician @ Aug. 05 2002 6:59 pm)
In actuality, the FAA will never license the thing. Can you imagine a govt agency actually being forward thinking?

Slap an experimental sticker on it and you are good to go!
The anti-grave device is preportedly being worked on by Boeing (My parent company) but I have yet to find anything in the Boeing Intranet that validates the claim. The device is called ......argh..........
Quote (thewz @ Aug. 06 2002 3:48 pm)
The device is called ......argh..........

that is a funny name!! Argh....i guess whoosh was voted down...
Quote (futrfysician @ Aug. 07 2002 9:28 am)
Quote (thewz @ Aug. 06 2002 3:48 pm)
The device is called ......argh..........

that is a funny name!! Argh....i guess whoosh was voted down...

:p Sorry, after the air finally cleared from that 5 megaton brain fart I remembered the name was Gravity Research for Advanced Space Propulsion or GRASP.
Here is a URL that disucsses this subject.
Anti-Gravity