test date change?

I’m doing fairly well in my studies, even keeping a little bit ahead of my schedule.

That said, my schedule may be too conservative. I still have more to learn w/re immunology and biochem in particular, and I’d like to do a LOT more practice questions.

I’m currently scheduled to take the exam on June 8, two weeks from yesterday.

I’m thinking about pushing it back another week. I know this is inadvisable in a general sense (at least, so FA tells me ), but I’m wondering if anyone has an experience or perspective on this, positive or negative.

Just to be clear, I don’t feel like this is me (potentially) pushing the exam back due to a general anxiety or insecurity. Rather, I have specific things that I want to do and learn that I don’t know if I’ll be able to properly do in the time I have now.

Thanks much!

edit: Pushing the test back would, unfortunately, prevent me from going to the conference. While I’d like to go, I’m trying not to use that as the kicker.

• In reply to:
Just to be clear, I don't feel like this is me (potentially) pushing the exam back due to a general anxiety or insecurity. Rather, I have specific things that I want to do and learn that I don't know if I'll be able to properly do in the time I have now.

I would argue that no matter how long you push it back, you will always feel like there are specific things you want to do/learn and don't have time for. That being said, if there are particular subject areas that you are clearly not going to have time to get to or not have enough time to spend on them, it is worth considering pushing your test date back. I would advise to not push your date back more than once, though. If you do push it back, stick to that date.

Pushing your date back may become stressful, though. Everybody and their brother is going through the same thing that you are right now, and you may not be able to reschedule your test when you want. It may require constantly calling/checking the website to find a date (which will take away from your added study time.
  • Emergency! Said:
  • In reply to:
Just to be clear, I don't feel like this is me (potentially) pushing the exam back due to a general anxiety or insecurity. Rather, I have specific things that I want to do and learn that I don't know if I'll be able to properly do in the time I have now.

I would argue that no matter how long you push it back, you will always feel like there are specific things you want to do/learn and don't have time for. That being said, if there are particular subject areas that you are clearly not going to have time to get to or not have enough time to spend on them, it is worth considering pushing your test date back. I would advise to not push your date back more than once, though. If you do push it back, stick to that date.

Pushing your date back may become stressful, though. Everybody and their brother is going through the same thing that you are right now, and you may not be able to reschedule your test when you want. It may require constantly calling/checking the website to find a date (which will take away from your added study time.

Is it real or is it FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt)? Or is it real FUD? Are you in the frame of mind take the exam, which is beyond questions, content, practice problems, or all the else

How many realistic practice exams have you taken and what is your CONSISTENT score on them? Use this as a judge as opposed to individual areas? If it is good then you need to start getting the mindset to take the exam, not practice questions but your game face. Does that make any sense or have I just confused you more?

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

There’s always going to be a certain degree of insecurity and doubt associated with something like this. You’re absolutely right that I’ll never feel fully ready.

Based on my tests and assessments, I’m at a point where I’d expect to pass, just not do as well as I like (or think I should be capable of).

Concretely, I expect that I need more time to really process some basic processes: pharmacology, immunology, and biochem in particular. Those are the things I think I haven’t allotted enough study time for. I’d also like to take lots and lots more questions; with my current schedule, I only have time for lots .

As of the last time I looked at the test site (a few days ago), there are still later dates available. I’ll decide by this Monday, which will preclude a rescheduling fee.

In the meantime, just gonna keep studying, and see how much progress I’ve made by then.

Thanks again