Thank God! Spurrier resigns

If only I thought that Steve Spurrier’s departure as coach of the Washington Redskins would actually HELP. What we really need is a new owner. I don’t think Dan Snyder intends to fire himself, though.
Dang sure wish Bill Parcells was available…

Quote:

If only I thought that Steve Spurrier’s departure as coach of the Washington Redskins would actually HELP. What we really need is a new owner. I don’t think Dan Snyder intends to fire himself, though.
Dang sure wish Bill Parcells was available…

Hey there,
I’m thinking that Jimmy Johnson could be a good catch. With Spurrier leaving, there’s some money left in Dan Snyder’s pockets.
Nat

It sure was plastered on the news yesterday around here wasn’t? I was starting to think that nothing else had happened in the world.

Nat, the conventional wisdom here is that Jimmy Johnson’s cushy life on Fox Sundays is waaaaay too appealing for him to jump back to life as a coach. Dunno if he gets $5M a year from Fox, but what the hell? After the first million or so, who’s counting?
However, his name has definitely been mentioned a few times already, and it should be entertaining to watch Fox prior to this weekend’s playoff games to see Howie and Terry (and J.B.? I am losing track of who’s on which network) needle him about it.
Damn the Redskins for being so crappy during my fourth year when I have been able to watch lots of football! I shoulda been following the Ravens all year I guess.

… so today’s news: Joe Gibbs (Super Bowl record, 3-1; Hall of Fame coach, nickname: God Almighty) returns to coach his old team! Washington is in a state of happy delirium. Holy cow.

Darn! My team’s (Cowboys) old nemesis is back. It should make for some good divisional games in the next few years. Parcells and the Cowboys, Gibbs and the Skins, Reed and Philly, Coughlin and the Giants. Too bad I won’t have time to watch…I plan on being buried under piles of medschool study material!

WooooHoooo! Now maybe the Skins can re-start kickin some Cowboy ASS!

Quote:

… so today’s news: Joe Gibbs

And I thought they plastered the coach quitting all over the news. Boy I did think the world stopped moving with the amount of coverage the Joe Gibbs story got from our news up here.
Well I hope he does what the skins think he can do.

Quote:

… so today’s news: Joe Gibbs (Super Bowl record, 3-1; Hall of Fame coach, nickname: God Almighty) returns to coach his old team! Washington is in a state of happy delirium. Holy cow.

Hey Mary,
I thought it was a joke until I read the USA Today and realized that it was the real deal. Woo! Hoo! I can’t wait for next year. The sheriff is back in town!
Natalie